Mastodon

Tuesday 5 August 2014

A quick update

....in which original target has been achieved

Last night was weigh-in night, and I had lost 3.5 pounds last week. This puts me at 2.5 pounds below my original target, but I have now lowered my target by 10 pounds because that puts me right in the middle of the healthy BMI range for my height. (Edit: That put me at 3 stone 6.5 pounds lost, so I didn't quite get my 3 and a half stone award, but I will next week)!

This isn't always a great measurement (it's hopeless for Rugby players, for example, but it's a pretty good indicator for someone like me who's of medium build). I'm 7.5lb to my new target now, and really just need to a) lose the man-boobs and b) tone up my tummy a bit.

To help in this endeavour I have joined the local gym; my wife gets a month free for introducing me and I get it discounted by £8 a month on a no-contract basis because of Slimming World membership, so it's pretty good. I have about 3 weeks left on my countdown, so if I can keep up this sort of weight loss I will hit my target within that and Slimming World will become free (as long as I stay 3lb either side of target), so that will more or less pay for the gym.

Bizarrely, I am rather enjoying the gym; I have been twice so far (once for induction, once with my wife while my daughter was at her swimming class doing her 3000m badge), and intend to go tonight as well. I am actually looking forward to it, which feels somewhat bizarre.

Today I am making beef and tomato stew, so I suppose I'd better go and get it in the slow cooker.

No comments: