Mastodon

Monday 14 July 2014

Are we nearly there yet?

...in which yes, we are nearly there.

Tonight was weigh-in, and I lost 1.5 pounds (about 3/4 kg, for those who insist on using measurement systems based on powers of 10 rather than arbitrary weights of stuff).

This puts me 2 lbs (1.1 kg) away from target, and this makes me happy.

So, on Saturday I said that I might post a video of myself playing the new guitar I bought. However, having recorded said video and reviewed it, I'm pretty sure that I'd be arrested for cruelty to music lovers or something if I released it in its current form (this is partly because I recorded it on my phone, which apparently has the worst microphone ever, and partly because I made the mistake of singing while playing and my voice sounds like a donkey being attacked with a chainsaw - my actual playing isn't that bad).

I do have some software that lets me make higher quality recordings and the necessary equipment so I shall try to get that out this week and do a recording that doesn't make me sound like Simon Cowell should be shouting at me for wasting his time (not that I'd care if he was - I'm with Dave Grohl on that show and all its ilk. I don't suppose he'd have been too impressed with Dylan's voice either...)

Anyway, in celebration of being so close I have bought some beer tonight, but I'm pacing myself and sticking to no more than 3 cans (~18 syns - I couldn't find the exact brand on the app, but bitter is usually around 6 syns per 440ml can, which is considerably better than cider)!

I was a bit naughty today and didn't really eat very much in the day because I really wanted that weight loss - I would have been happy with half a pound so I was really happy to get one and a half. I don't recommend this though - it's far better to eat sensibly each day.

Also I won the raffle at the group tonight - lots of staple foods to cook with, including some mushy peas - haven't had those in years! :)).

Sunday 13th July

Healthy A: Milk

Breakfast

Fruit

Lunch

Roast chicken with boiled potatoes, roast potatoes, broccoli, sweetcorn and carrots (1.5 syns for the gravy)

Dinner

Bacon with tomato on a wholemeal roll (healthy b)

Snacks/Drinks

Coffee, Singapore noodles, small portion sweet & sour chicken from the food festival (5 syns at a guess), fruit, yoghurt.

Exercise

19 minutes running (2 miles - knee a little better but still sore).

Monday 14th July

Healthy A: Milk

Breakfast

Fruit (peach, grapes, strawberries)

Lunch

Marmite on a wholemeal roll (healthy B) plus a banana (in between a lot of exercise)


Dinner

Chicken Rogan Josh with rice (recipe can be downloaded here)


Snacks/Drinks

Coffee, fruit, yoghurt, lean meat (beef/chicken - I knew I'd be hungry this evening so I bought some reduced lean cooked meat from the supermarket).
3 440 ml cans of Boddington's Extra Smooth (18 syns but may go up to 24)!


Exercise

30 minutes exercise bike
30 minutes Just Dance 4
25 Minutes running (2.5 miles)

3 comments:

Saira172 said...

Well done - maybe just enough time to get the precious life membership in before the wedding do!If you just weigh in in your shorts that should do it ;)

Chris said...

Haha, thanks - I always get weighed in my shorts at the moment anyway! I'm probably going to lower my target once I've hit the first one as I'm still in the "overweight" range and I still have man-boobs (they are a lot smaller though - probably down to an A cup now! ;))

Chris said...

(Or if you meant just my shorts, I don't think the ladies at the evening group are ready for me topless just yet! ;))