Mastodon

Thursday 10 September 2015

Of fitness and fiddles

...in which I consider the old adage.


Well, not really, although it is an odd saying. Is a fiddle really fit? It might be fit to play, but it might equally be a wreck with broken strings. Maybe "as fit as  fiddle in good repair" might be a better simile, but it doesn't really roll off the tongue.

Anyway, on the subject of fitness, today I ran 3 miles. Which is what I've considered a short run about 2 months ago (when I did the Shrewsbury half marathon), but now it definitely does not feel like a short run; what's more, I ran the first mile in 7:38; this was my average pace over the half marathon, but after doing that today there is no way I could have done another mile at that speed, let alone another 12. 

So I guess that shows that fitness disappears really quickly if you don't maintain it (I'm making efforts to get it back now; running 3 times a week and gym 3 times, with 1 rest day).

So, today's food. No syns again today, for I am being super good at the moment...

Healthy A: 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk
Healthy B: 60g wholemeal roll

Breakfast

Nectarine, apple, grapes, fat free yoghurt

Lunch

Pasta with crustless quiche left over from yesterday

Dinner

Beef stew with pasta

Snacks/Drinks

Coffee/diet coke
Pickled Onions
Fruit
Chicken drumsticks (all fat removed)

No comments: