Mastodon

Monday 30 June 2014

Rambling!

...in which I'm all over the place.

Advance warning: this blog post may ramble on a bit and be a bit stream-of-consciousness, because I'm tired and have had cider, so may not have my usual focus (hahahaha).

Slimming World stuff first...today was weigh-in day, and I lost 2 lb and got this


This makes me happy. I now have just 4 pounds (about 1.8 kg, for those who prefer measurement systems with less character but more sense) to go to get to target, but I am not expecting to lose any weight this week because it is Saira's Very Significant Other's stag do on Saturday, and I will spend half the day racing go-karts around (and probably losing very badly), and the other half of the day in various pubs.

The week after it is Oswestry food festival, and it is traditional that the turquoise princess  (she doesn't like pink any more) and I go and sample the food until we are stuffed, so it is quite likely it will take me at least another 3 - 4 weeks to get to target - I'm hoping that I can maintain my current weight for the next couple of weeks.

Talking of TP, last night she started singing "The Lazy Song" and after the first line stopped and said..."but if you didn't do anything then you wouldn't breathe, and then you'd die". That sums up pretty much all you need to know about our daughter (other pearls of wisdom...the first time she saw a Smart Car and was told what it was called, at 8 years old, she declared "well it doesn't look very smart!").

The Elder Teen has finished his exams now, and it's amazing how stuff like dirty cereal bowls and plates that have had toast on appear to materialise magically in the kitchen...I suppose at least it's the kitchen and they're not being hidden under his bed with mould growing on them.

I have had a couple of cans of cider to celebrate hitting the 3 stone lost mark, but I must avoid the temptation of eating whatever I feel like just because I know that it's unlikely that I'll lose any weight this week.

Monday 30th June

Healthy A: Milk

Breakfast

Peach, Pear, Apple, Fat-free Greek-style Yoghurt

Lunch

Jacket potato wedges, runner beans, sweetcorn, piri-piri Chicken

Dinner

Chicken Rogan Josh (recipe in Rich Text Format here - you should be able to open this in most word processing software packages).

Snacks/Drinks

Fruit, yoghurt, cider (2 cans Strongbow Pear Cider, 19 syns total).


Exercise

Rest Day

No comments: