Mastodon

Friday 27 June 2014

Friday again?

...in which I ponder the unchangeable nature of the weekend.

It is Friday, and I have wine. Every Friday at the moment I tell myself that I won't, and then by 5pm when I've made dinner (and the kids have come home and the regularly scheduled argument-come-wrestling match has taken place) I invariably change my mind. 

I'm hoping that I will manage to resist tomorrow, as I've gone right up to my self-imposed 3 glass limit tonight (about 16 syns, but I'm low on the rest of the week so I should be OK). One of the issues with alcohol, of course, is that it reduces your self control, and those crisps are still in the kitchen....(I'm resisting, honest....so far)!

Next Saturday I have Saira's VSO's stag day (go-karting followed by a pub crawl, although we're probably all too old to do much crawling). This is likely to involve a tiny bit* of alcohol after the go-karting so I'm hoping I have a decent weight loss this week, especially as I'm in a race to target with another member of our group...

Also, new idea for when teams go out of sports tournaments: play the "you're outta here" song from Skatoony. My google-fu skills have let me down though and the only recording I can find of it is way too faint to be heard, so you'll have to take my word for it that it would be funny (or so it seems after 3 glasses of wine). Especially if they did the ejector seat into a sandpaper factory thing as they do in the cartoon.

*Rather a lot.

Friday 27th June


Healthy A: Milk

Breakfast

Nectarine, satsuma, coconut & vanilla yoghurt

Lunch

Bacon on wholemeal roll (healthy b) with tomatoes

Dinner

Chilli with rice, carrots, broccoli & cauliflower (I froze the chilli we had the other day and saved it for tonight 'cos the kids were having a takeaway)

Snacks/Drinks

Fruit, pickled onions, yoghurt, wine (approx 16 syns), cheese grids (4.5 syns), super rice, 500 ml alcoholic dandelion & burdock (call it 13 syns, the same as a bottle of Crabbie's ginger beer)

Exercise

30 minutes brisk walking (I never walk slowly).




No comments: