Mastodon

Monday 23 June 2014

Taster Day!

...in which there will also be a weigh-in

Today we are having a taster session at the group. These are sessions where we all take some Slimming World friendly food in for other people to try, along with the recipe; it's a good way to get new ideas for things to make that are SW-friendly and maybe try things that are a bit different to what you usually eat.

I have made chicken Rogan Josh, which is currently in the slow cooker. I'm looking forward to seeing what people think of it (because I'm a little bit of a show off) and trying the food that other people have brought in.

After the Saturday's excesses of alcohol I'm not so sure I'm looking forward to weigh-in - I only need a 2 pound loss to get my 3 stone award but I suspect I will end up either maintaining or with a small gain. Still, nil desperandum - although gains are a bit depressing I always try to remember how far I've already come rather than getting too despondent about it.

The saga of the younger teen's scooter has successfully been brought to a close; our home insurance people have agreed to pay towards it (I have to say it was much easier and quicker to make the claim than I was expecting).

Also we no longer seem to have bees, or at least there are far fewer of them flying around than there were. With any luck they've decided they didn't like our house so much after all.

In other news, the elder teen's GCSEs have finished today, so he is now going on about the fact that he has 11 weeks off and I am attempting to explain to him that that is not necessarily how life works.

Anyhow, Here's today's menu.

Monday 23rd June

Healthy A: 250 ml Semi Skimmed Milk

Breakfast

Fruit (apple, nectarine, satsuma)

Lunch

Bacon (all fat removed) on a wholemeal roll with salad; pasta salad

Dinner

Not sure yet! Depends what's available at the group :).


Snacks/Drinks

Coffee/Fruit


Exercise

30 minute walk (to town and back)
30 minutes exercise bike

No comments: