Mastodon

Saturday 28 June 2014

The joy of the run

...in which I consider the attractions of running

Today, I have been for a long (by my standards) run of 5 miles, which I did in around 50 minutes. My legs still feel OK and I probably could run a bit further - after a flurry of facebook comments I'm now tentatively considering signing up for another half marathon, despite what my legs thought of the last one I did.

I would be interested to see what sort of time I could do it in now that I'm carrying a lot less weight and am generally fitter and have more time to train....watch this space, as they say.

Anyway, running...there's a strange sort of attraction to it. When I run, there's nothing but the effort of putting one foot in front of the other, and the sound of the music through the headphones. It's a good time to think about stuff, and it's actually kind of satisfying to finish a long run and feel as if you could go further.

This afternoon I took the Youngest Child into town, and we stopped off in Costa for a coffee (in my case - black with sweetener since I didn't have my milk allowance with me) and a cake and a "creamy cooler" in hers (which she decided she didn't like in the end). While we were there I saw a guitar in the local music shop for £60 (I do actually play the guitar), and was super tempted, but held off as I already have about 5 guitars and probably my wife would not be too impressed at me bringing home yet another one....

Saturday 28th June


Healthy A: Milk

Breakfast

Bacon on a wholemeal roll (healthy b) with tomatoes

Lunch

Fruit (Nectarine, orange) fat-free yoghurt, slice of ham - I wasn't very hungry for some reason.


Dinner

Home made potato wedges, garden peas, sweetcorn, broccoli, gammon (fat removed, fried in Frylight).


Snacks/Drinks

Coffee, fruit, yoghurt, some sort of free sample sweet from Mollie's (I'll count it as 0.5 of a syn - I have no idea what it was, some sort of small hard ball coloured gold).


Exercise

45 minute run
15 minutes exercise bike

No comments: