Mastodon

Thursday 19 June 2014

Eat First, Check Later

...in which it should be the other way around

General life updates: Still no sign of the stolen scooter, and the police can't do much about it as nobody knows who took it. The bees' nest is still in the soffet. Generally, June has been a slightly rubbish month....let's hope July is a bit better.

One of my father's day presents was an iced biscuit. This morning I decided to eat it but did not check the syns in it first. After eating it I thought I better had.....13 syns (according to Slimming World's syns calculator). I am allowed between 5 and 15 syns a day, so that's pretty much my entire allowance for today gone (although I didn't have any on Tuesday and only had 2 yesterday, so I'm still ahead of the game).

That's why you're supposed to check the syns in stuff before you eat it if you're not sure about it. Sweet food is often particularly bad, as even just a little bit can have a lot of syns (e.g. half a Twix is 6 syns; 1 segment of chocolate orange is 2.5 syns).

The biscuit was nice enough, but for 13 syns I'd rather have had 2 packets of crisps or half a bottle of wine..(not that I drink wine at this time of the morning).

Thursday 19th June


Healthy A: 250 ml Semi Skimmed milk for coffee. As always.

Breakfast


Iced biscuit (13 syns), apple, pear, strawberries

Lunch


Bacon, lettuce & tomato on a wholemeal roll (healthy extra b) - all fat removed from bacon, fried in frylight

Dinner


Penne pasta with rich beef Ragu. (can't find this online, but it's from the "Extra Easy Cookbook"). Unfortuantely I couldn't get 5% fat mince so had to use 10% fat (I did drain it after frying it), so 2 syns per portion).

Snacks/Drinks


Coffee, Fruit, lean cooked meat (chicken) with pasta

Exercise

30 minute run
15 minutes exercise bike


No comments: