Mastodon

Sunday 15 June 2014

Father's Day

...in which things are not exactly brilliant

Oh, not the weight loss thing. That's all going to plan, I think. Here's a before/after picture of me and the wife (yesterday vs 2011, before either of us started Slimming World):


Hopefully it's obvious which is which. A is at target (and has been for nearly 12 months), I am 9lbs or so off (soooo close)!

No, the problem right now is that while we were at the beach yesterday the Elder Teen (who is old enough to be left home alone) took the Younger Teen's scooter out (without permission) to help someone look for their dog (I don't know why this required a scooter, but I'm glad that he was willing to help - it turned out the dog was at home all along).

Unfortunately he forgot that he'd taken it and left it in the park while playing football. When he realised (about 2 hours later) and went back, it had (somewhat unsurprisingly) gone. If you're a parent, you'll know just how horrifyingly expensive these things are - we have called the police, been up and talked to some lads at the local skate park and asked them to keep a lookout and shared on facebook/twitter etc. but I can't say we're that hopeful. Still, you never know...

Anyway, until he called us to impart this news at around 7:30PM yesterday we were having a lovely time at the beach. The pasta salad with chicken tikka was what I believe the youngsters call "lush"; I did have to cave in on the ice cream sundae though (but it had lots of fresh strawberries with it, so that's OK, right? (I am, in fact, still within my Syns limit so it is OK)).

Breakfast

Grapes, apple, satsuma

Lunch

Roast pork with boiled potatoes, carrots, broccoli,green beans, sweetcorn & gravy (1.5 syns for the gravy + 1.5 for stuffing - 3 syns total)

Dinner

Chicken Salad (lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red onions, cucumber, roast chicken)

Snacks/Drinks etc.

Coffee, fruit, chicken breast with salad stuff, 1 finger of Twix (6 syns...I should have checked that first!)

Exercise

15 minute run (1.5 miles)
15 minutes exercise bike

No comments: